Since we’re moving into our new home 3 days prior to Easter (after 10 months of living out of suitcases it’s fair to say we’re a bit excited) I’m starting to realize that I may have different items on my to-do list that weekend rather than preparing Easter Baskets. Thus, I decided to get a jumpstart on the baskets early! My twins (2 and1/2 year-olds) are having a hard time taking just one piece of candy and leaving the rest (I share this problem with them) so I decided to leave out the candy all together (I may regret this come Easter morning).
While brainstorming and researching candy-free Easter basket ideas, I came up with a pretty extensive list that I would love to share (and since our house tends to shade a tad pink I made sure to add some masculine ideas for the boys out there). Enjoy.
- Bubbles-These Melissa and Doug ones are currently on sale and they are super cute! There are a few color options also.
- Chalk-We go through chalk fast than diapers on a newborn…we can never have enough and this Crayola set of 48 pieces is currently half off and under $4!
- Easter Book-This cute board book tells the story of Palm Sunday through the eyes of a donkey.
- Headbands-This set will be easy to split between the three girls!
- Knot Genie-This has been a LIFESAVER for our house and we are in desperate need of another!
- Alligator Bubble Saxophone-Taking the bubble fun to the next level plus avoiding something that resembles a gun…win win!
- Markers-These Mr. Sketch Scented Markers are my all time favorite markers (yummmm … bubblegum).
- Magic Sand-I think I’m even more excited about this magic sand than the girls will be!
- Silly Putty-Oldie but a goodie!
- Do-A-Dot Markers-These markers are the best. We use them so often and the girls are in desperate need of a new set. I’ll split this pack for the twins in lieu of the Mr. Sketch markers Emma is getting.
- Googly Eyes-Our craft station is always short on googly eyes!
- Pipe Cleaners-Always a fun addition to any craft!
- Socks-Maybe if I give them frozen theme socks they will actually wear them! Have a boy obsessed with the Turtles? Here’s a link for you!
- Lip Balm-I like this lip balm because it’s made with no parebens, sulfates, phthalates, mineral oil, or even synthetic fragrances or dyes!
- Sunglasses-These are adorable! Want a pair equally as cute for a boy that might actually stay on? Here you go!
- Goggles-For my little fish!
- Nail Polish-This is a great non-toxic brand for little kids.
- Flash Cards-I plan on splitting up this awesome pack between the girls.
- Crocs-We lost a croc. Yep, somehow we lost a friggin croc…for three girls we are down to 5 shoes. That is not a good situation when you are living out of your suitcases.
- Turtle Figurine-The twins are obsessed with carrying a small toy everywhere we go.
- Magnatiles-These things are LEGIT! Originally I was not about to spend the money on these; however, when I saw my girls play with them at a friend’s house and subsequently fall in love with them I realized they were a “must” buy. This will be a purchase I do not regret.
- Self-Inflating Balloons-This pack includes 4 self-inflating foil balloon and I love the fact that I don’t have to blow these up!
- Front Loading Truck Spoon-Anything to make eating more fun lately!
- Chopsticks-Huge help with fine motor skills.
- Kite-Instead of going for the Frozen theme, I’m getting this large and easy to fly kite in hopes that it will help the two adult/three child ratio when kite flying!
I love these ideas but, in fear of Easter becoming as large as Christmas, I plan on shortening it. Feel free to steal ideas and tailor the list specifically to your children. Luckily for us, birthdays are right around the corner!
Happy Easter Everyone!