Tiffany McKay over at Before the Clock Strikes Midnight nominated me for the Liebster award and I couldn’t be more honored! The Liebster award is given by bloggers to bloggers to aid in the discovery of new and upcoming blogs. In order to receive the award, you need to nominate 11 blogs and answer 11 questions about yourself…so here we go!
1. Write 3 words that describe your personality. I would say loving, driven, and organized…although being married to a Navy-man and moving around on a yearly basis has, in effect, diminished my self-view as one who is “organized.”
2. How did you choose your blog name? I really missed working with new teachers and teaching the pre-intern class at University of North Florida so this blog was my way of keeping in touch with that community.
3. What is your dream vacation? I think my “dream vacation” changes depending on what is going on; as of right now, due to the ridiculous weather in Chicago, I would love to go to Bora Bora.
4. When do you find time to write? When the littles are sleeping. Sometimes I can sneak in some time when the twins nap but it usually has to wait until all three girls are down for the night.
5. What did you want to be when you grew up? Honestly, I always wanted to be a teacher…I had quite a few fantastic teachers growing up and I think they inspired me in that direction.
6. Do you prefer city or country living? Why? I always wished John and I had a chance to live in Chicago before our crazy Navy life started but the more I visit the city, the more I realize city living is not for me! I love visiting Chicago and other large cities but I prefer living somewhere less congested.
7. What’s your favorite quote and/or Bible verse and why? I have two favorite quotes…one personal and one I often tried to recall in the classroom. My personal favorite is “Every love story is beautiful but ours is my favorite.” The quote I tried to always remember when working with children is “People may forget words you say but they will never forget the how you made them feel.”
8. What’s a goal you want to conquer in the next year? (It doesn’t have to be blogging related.) I am working on being more “content” with things I cannot change. Perhaps due to the constant change my family and I have experienced over the past few years, I find myself always worrying about the next step and the next move. I have a feeling Hawaii is the perfect place to work on that!
9. What is your favorite way to unwind and release stress? As much as I love my girls, the best way to de-stress is to achieve some alone time! I usually take my laptop to Starbucks and enjoy an over-priced-but-completely-worth-it cup of coffee and spend an hour or two writing. Date night is another great way to de-stress…sometimes it takes getting dressed up in real clothes (not sweatpants) and going out for a meal (one that does not include chicken nuggets) for me to remember I’m an adult.
10. Do you have another talent besides writing that you love? I love sewing and crafting, especially for my home.
11. What are three things on your bucket list? Publish a children’s book, go rock climbing, and become a college professor. Some day!
Hopefully you learned a little bit about me from those questions and thank you again Tiffany for the nomination!
I would like to nominate the following talented bloggers for the Liebster award. Check them out!
Lauren at Working Mom Magic
Rebekah at Simply Rebekah
Rebecca at Ivy and Co
Becka at Probably Crafting
Kendra at Prepping Parties
Marci at Marci Viland
Lisa at The Squishable Baby
Melissa at Skinny Mommy Fitness
Jen at Jenerally Informed
Jeanni at Guard the Door
Katie at Fruitful Vine Wife